It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Central Wisconsin. How?
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating women about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Central Wisconsin Affiliate serves thousands of Central Wisconsin women in 7 counties as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured women.
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Central Wisconsin residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate up 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 2007, Komen Central Wisconsin has invested nearly $1 Million into our 7 county service area via its annual grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Central Wisconsin residents.
Komen Central Wisconsin is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating women about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Central Wisconsin contributes 25% of net proceeds for national cancer research, but the majority (75%) of the funds we raise in Central Wisconsin help the women of Central Wisconsin.
Komen Central Wisconsin funding provided the following in the 2013-14 grant cycle:
- 36 women received personal workshop training for wellness beyond breast cancer
- 281 screenings or diagnostic services
- 1,500 women received breast cancer awareness and prevention educational materials
Join Komen Central Wisconsin in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time
, host a fundraiser
or speak about this disease across Central Wisconsin. You can know your normal
and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today
. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.
- If you have questions about the Central Wisconsin Race for the Cure call: 715-581-8128
If you have general questions about Susan G. Komen Central Wisconsin: 715.581.8127
- Send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org