Background Image

  • Facebook

Community News

Kids for the Cure T-shirt Contest is Open
2014 Central Wi Kids for the Cure T-shirt Contest Flyer

Ministry Health Care proudly sponsors the Kids for the Cure T-shirt contest. If you know a child that is 13 years old as of September 1, 2014, he or she is eligible to enter the….

Read More
Komen Central Wisconsin Receives Donations from Multiple Fundraisers in 2013
central wisconsin_SGK New logo fo FB

The students at the State College of Beauty Culture hosted their annual breast cancer awareness fundraiser for the Central Wisconsin Affiliate of Susan G. Komen in October, 2013. They raised $1,500 with some creative ideas….

Read More
Marshfield Clinic’s Wellness Beyond Breast Cancer Workshop
Marshfield Clinic logo resized

Registration is now open for the Saturday February 22,2014  Wellness Beyond Breast Cancer workshop in Weston, WI. This educational event is free and open to women of all ages- regardless of when they completed their….

Read More

Komen Spotlight

Preventive Surgery for Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer
Preventive Surgery for Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer

Most women are not at high risk for breast cancer.   However, having certain inherited gene mutations can greatly increase the risk of breast cancer. The most common and most well recognized are mutations in the BRCA1andBRCA2 genes …..

Read More

Financial Resources
Financial Resources

Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Read More

Our Mission
It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Central Wisconsin. How?
  • Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
  • Educating women about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
What We Do

Komen Central Wisconsin Affiliate serves thousands of Central Wisconsin women in 7 counties as the local source for funding programs that:

  • provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured women.
  • provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment

We empower Central Wisconsin residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate up 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 2007, Komen Central Wisconsin has invested nearly $900,000 into our 7 county service area via its annual grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Central Wisconsin residents.

The Difference We Make
Komen Central Wisconsin is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating women about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Central Wisconsin contributes 25% of net proceeds for national cancer research, but the majority (75%) of the funds we raise in Central Wisconsin help the women of Central Wisconsin. Komen Central Wisconsin funding provided the following in the 2012-13 grant cycle:
  • 50 women received personal workshop training for wellness beyond breast cancer
  • 125 screenings or diagnostic services
  • 1,200 women received breast cancer awareness and prevention educational materials
The Difference You Make
Join Komen Central Wisconsin in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources, host a fundraiser or speak about this disease across Central Wisconsin. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today. We're here to partner with you.
Contact Us
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.

Our Sponsors

  • Survivorship Sponsors
  • Marshfield Clinic
  • Ministry Health Care
  • Surgical Associates
  • Mattress Firm
  • Media Sponsors
  • WSAU News Talk Radio
  • Daily Tribune media
  • Wisconsin Public Radio
  • Channel Nine

The Susan G. Komen® Promise:

To save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Charity Navigator   
Help & FAQs | Report Improper Conduct | Privacy Policy

Susan G. Komen Central Wisconsin
PO Box 187
Wausau, WI 54402-0187
P: 715-218-2882

Office Hours
Monday – Thursday 8 AM – 5 PM
Friday 9 AM – 1 PM

Go to Top